Edmonton – July 7, 2021 – Benchmark Metals Inc. (the “Company” or “Benchmark“) (TSX-V: BNCH) (OTCQX: BNCHF) (WKN: A2JM2X) – is pleased to announce a comprehensive exploration plan at the Marmot and Marmot East discoveries at its flagship Lawyers Gold-Silver Project, located within the Golden Horseshoe area of north-central British Columbia, Canada.
2021 Proposed Work Program – Marmot and Marmot East
- ~12,500m planned exploration drilling to follow up on the 2020 discovery hole of 101.00 m of 0.82 g/t AuEq (including 18.00m of 2.5 g/t Au), with:
- ~10,000 m planned at Marmot
- ~2,500 m planned at Marmot East
- Ground-based Induced Polarization (IP) surveys to delineate subsurface chargeability and resistivity anomalies that are associated with mineralization.
- 34.8 line-kilometres of induced polarization (IP) geophysics
- Expansion of detailed ground magnetics survey to expand delineated structural trends
- Extensive surface sampling and geological mapping
- Airborne VTEM geophysical and radiometric survey spanning the southern half of the project to identify EM and radiometric anomalies that could be associated with porphyry and epithermal mineralization.
- 621 line-kilometres at 100 metre line spacing
John Williamson, CEO, commented, “Benchmark is seeing near-term potential for significant expansion of gold-silver ounces with the combination of drilling to expand the existing deposits and drilling to define brand new discoveries. The Marmot targets have significant potential to generate gold and silver ounces of the same scope and scale as the Cliff Creek deposit. The Marmot and other new targets are all road accessible with mineralization at surface.”
The Marmot and Marmot East discoveries have a similar geochemical footprint to the Cliff Creek resource area (Figure 1), comparable airborne gamma-ray spectrometry (AGRS/radiometrics), magnetic and EM geophysical signatures and dimensions, and have delivered similar drill intercept widths and grades. Additionally, the Marmot and Marmot East areas are located within the same northwest-southeast trending structural corridor interpreted as a significant control on mineralization at Cliff Creek (Table 1).
Completion of the proposed VTEM survey is imminent, and will resolve magnetic, EM, and radiometric anomalies at Marmot and Marmot East that remain open to the south. Benchmark will conduct a ground based induced-polarization (IP) geophysical survey prior to drilling to contextualize surface geochemistry and geological mapping results. It is likely that IP geophysics will be a strong targeting tool for Marmot and Marmot East due to a more robust correlation between total sulphide content and precious metals grades in drill core relative to other areas at the Lawyers Gold-Silver Project.
Figure 1: Comparison of the Cliff Creek Dukes Ridge-Phoenix and AGB resource areas with the newly discovered Marmot zones
About Benchmark Metals
Benchmark Metals Inc. is a Canadian based gold and silver company advancing its 100% owned Lawyer’s Gold-Silver Project located in the prolific Golden Horseshoe of northern British Columbia, Canada. The Project consists of three mineralized deposits that remain open for expansion, in addition to +20 new target areas along the 20 kilometre trend. The Company trades on the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada, the OTCQX Best Market in the United States, and the Tradegate Exchange in Europe. Benchmark is managed by proven resource sector professionals, who have a track record of advancing exploration projects from grassroots scenarios through to production.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
s/ “John Williamson”
John Williamson, Chief Executive Officer
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: +1 604 260 6977